INDIANAPOLIS (WANE) – Kroger will look to hire hundreds of new associates to meet the demand for the upcoming holiday season at a hiring event this week.
Kroger will host a hybrid hiring event from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, with virtual and on-site interviews. The Grocer is hiring for retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, pharmacy, and healthcare positions.
“Kroger looks forward to welcoming new associates as we prepare for an incredible holiday season where clients anticipate a return to big family reunions and celebrations,” said Eric Halvorson, Director of Corporate Affairs, Division Kroger power station. “As one of the Midwest’s premier retailers and employers, we’re committed to providing associates with a culture of opportunity and a career with purpose, competitive pay and benefits, and flexible hours. We truly want our associates to have a rewarding and uplifting experience while meeting the needs of our customers and delivering on our promise to be in-stock, fresh, and friendly.
Kroger offered these details:
- Salaries and Benefits: Kroger offers comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive wages and salaries, healthcare, and pensions.
- Reimbursement of continuing education and tuition fees: Kroger’s Tuition Reimbursement Program, offering up to $ 21,000 for part-time and full-time associates, covers a doctoral GED. Since its inception, this program has benefited 6,789 associates nationwide, with hourly associates representing 88.4% of those who have taken advantage of the offering so far.
- Training and DEVELOPMENT: Kroger offers on-demand and role-specific training and resources through modern desktop and mobile FEED learning platforms such as Axonify, as well as training in leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Health: Kroger continues to further support the safety, health and well-being of associates by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy and through resources such as The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health which is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and offers free counseling sessions as well as BetterHelp, another mental wellness resource. The organization is also promoting the use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities such as mindfulness, yoga, and sleep. Additionally, the organization continues to provide a one-time payment of $ 100 to associates who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Benefits and reductions: Kroger offers flexible hours, an early payment option through its partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel, and more.
Kroger said it will provide resources, benefits and training for new associates.
For more information on the hiring event or available positions, and to register for the event, visit the Kroger website career site.