New Delhi: As India gears up amid a third wave of probable covid and looming omicron variant threat, the green light has been given for the vaccination of adolescents between 15 and 18 years of age as well as the ‘precautionary dose Â»For those over 60 and with co-morbidities.
The process for getting a vaccine is the same as before, i.e. registering on the CoWin app or website and going to the vaccination center during the allotted time window. However, one thing is different for students, that instead of a mandatory Aadhaar, or a driver’s license or passport, children can be registered using their school ID cards.
Dr RS Sharma, head of the CoWin platform, said on Monday that the arrangement was made with the belief that many children might not have Aadhar or other documents.
“Children aged 15 to 18 will be able to register on the CoWIN app from January 1,” he said.
Follow These Easy Steps to Sign Up for Childhood 15-18 Immunization
- Open the browser and enter this URL – selfregistration.cowin.gov.in
- Now fill in your cell phone number and get the OTP.
- After entering the OTP, verify your number.
- Once your number is verified, the registration page opens. Using a single mobile number, three registrations can be made.
- Register and schedule the vaccination.
- When you click on the registration button, a page opens where you must fill in all the required details as well as a photo ID which will be verified at the vaccination center.
- When registering, other details such as date of birth and gender are also filled in.
- For proof of identity, one can use Aadhar, voter card, PAN card, passport and other documents as well as a 10th class identity card for children between 15 and 18 years old, as mentioned previously.
- When recording is complete, the schedule button appears. By clicking on this button, you can schedule your appointment.
For individuals over 60 with co-morbidities, the process remains the same, except that they must select the section for co-morbidities. They can schedule the âprecautionary doseâ if nine months have passed since the second dose. Their certificate of comorbidity will be checked at the vaccination center.
Discover the health tools below-
Calculate your body mass index (BMI)
Calculate the age at age calculator