KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Coughing, sneezing, itchy throat and even stuffy ears are all signs of allergies. These symptoms can drastically invade our immune system during the winter months. This is because outdoor allergens don’t stay out. We bring them home. AdventHealth Shawnee Mission shares a few ways to eliminate them.
- Focus on the bedroom. The average American spends 36 years of their life in bed. You’ll get the best results if you keep this piece as allergy-free as possible.
- Vacuum, dust and wipe down walls under the bed, ceiling fans, etc.
- Check for water damage. It could mean mold. Take it very seriously.
- No smoking in the house.
- No animals in the room. Keep the bedroom door closed.
- Wash bedding twice a week in hot water.
- Try an allergy cover for your pillow.
- Minimize decorative pillows and stuffed animals on the bed.
- Rinse your body (head to toe) and put on clean pajamas before getting into your clean bed.
You can learn more tips in the video player above.
AdventHealth offers a variety of courses that cover health information and nutritional support. You can view the current class schedule at AdventHealthKC.com/Wellness.
Suggest a fix